Sunday, April 10, 2016

Love Notes Make Great Decorations

Last year, I made this little love note for my wife. It is now framed and matted and hangs on the wall in her home office.





I am a calligrapher. I also have good penmanship. It is easy for me to create nice handwritten notes and love letters. If you have beautiful hand-writing, the ultimate love letter is one written by hand. If your hand-writing is chicken scratch at best, then, by all means, use a computer and pick a calligraphy style font-- they are the best for this sort of application. Then, use a nice linen paper or parchment and, if possible, print the note with a laser printer.

I wrote the note pictured here with a medium width nib on a calligraphy pen. You can find inexpensive calligraphy pens at Michael's Crafts and Dick Blick Art Supplies. Fountain pens are easy to use and refills are cheap.

Now, discover your inner poet. 

Note: The poem in the piece above is from a song I wrote for my wife titled "Loving You" and is part of the chorus.

No comments:

Post a Comment