Tuesday, October 3, 2017

It's Been A Long Time

It's been a long time since my last post on this blog. I've been a bit busy.

Right now I am sitting in a B&B in western Vermont. Leaves are turning. Fog hangs low in the valley to the east. Lake Champlain lies just to the west of me. I cannot think of a better place to greet the sunrise.

On a morning like this one long ago I wrote these words...

I long to watch the sunrise
beside the one I love
First rays of light advancing
stars fading high above

Golden dewdrops glistening
on leaf and stem and petal
Her eyes brightly shining
as if some precious metal

Her hair a golden halo
lit by the morning sun
the Bard and his lady
and two hearts beat as one


This morning, my wife and I will greet the new day as we watch a golden sunrise breaking through a blanket of fog in the east.

It's a new day, a new opportunity to live life to the fullest.

We are blessed, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment